Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
tom koehler tom koehler is offline

Default What are our turnings worth to us and to the art//craft.

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 18:44:06 -0600, tom koehler wrote
(in message . net):

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 12:57:49 -0600, Arch wrote
(in message ):

As we approach a new decade of turning wood our evaluation of and the
public's view of our products may have changed immeasurably. I'm not
sure.

Any opinions for twenty ten?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

I'm a hobby-level turner. Been one for thirty-five years.

snip a lot

All of what I have just said is of course my opinion, and it may or may not
resonate with others. I don't know what is art, but I know what I like.

tom koehler

I was not trying to sound pompous, or bloviating, just trying to express my
own opinions on the issue. I hope I did not get anyone ticked off, I was not
trying to do that. If I did tighten anyone's jaws, I earnestly apologize.

Mr. Fortiter asked a great question, and I am surprised there have not been
more responses to it.

tom koehler

--
I will find a way or make one.