Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W[_2_] Tim W[_2_] is offline

Default Seeking "Split Ring" Compression Fitting Spanner

Vortex5
wibbled on Sunday 03 January 2010 15:59

Thermal store will be pushed into that corner.

My goal has been to have zero inaccessible joints.

I was concerned about that with mine. Plan is to have the all pipes above
the top of the unit - except for 4 straights going directly through a wall
at the back corner - but those could be cut, and reinserted and rejointed
clear of the tank, being straight... This makes sense for me as all the CH
pipes need to head ceilingwards, the boiler is nearby and high level and the
PlateX and pump assembly will be high up on the wall.

I've gone to the trouble to cover the wall with floor to ceiling wood
battens every 2 foot to make fixing the pipes simple. I still need to do a
number of crossovers with vertical runs so it's going to get interesting. I
think I will spend a week planning it on paper before I touch a pipe cutter!

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...