Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vortex5 Vortex5 is offline

Default Seeking "Split Ring" Compression Fitting Spanner

Thanks,

To many people it seems rather perverse but I love plumbing.

Work in progress as of yesterday afternoon is he
http://home.btconnect.com/vortex/wip.jpg

Unfortunately fannying about with heating systems in frosty weather is
potentially very disruptive and unpopular with the family.....hence the
Hep20 lashup to keep the house warm.

Next stage is to remove all the old controls and plumbing (the white
bits) reroute the boiler connections, slide in and connect the thermal
store. The primary circuit will ultimately be about 600 litres
capacity.....and I really do not want to have to drain it down in the
worst case scenario to fix a leak, so I need to take my time.

If I had one of these spanners I could potentially have finished
today....but will have to defer a week because I have a "proper" job to
go to tomorrow. Ho hum.

It looks fine is is very neat.Well done

Can I ask why you dislike soldered joints? I prefer them over a
compression joint anyday.

Adam

Actually there are quite a few solder joints, you just can't see them! No
special deliberate strategy, just convenience.

I've intentionally used compression joints in any location where future
"tweaking" may be necessary