Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Plumbing Question

On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 17:26:54 -0600, Red Green
wrote:

Generally when I caulk the escutcheon
to wall I only do it from 7 to 5 (on a clock). Idea is that if water does
get behind there it will at least seep out the bottom. Don't count on it
though since the escutcheon edge sits pretty flush.

I go 360 around them without a problem. Same for the shower pipe
escutcheon.

The tub spout is another bowl of beans. The spout has a small hole at
6 o'clock (near the set screw) for drainage back into the tub. If this
is caulked all the way around, water will leak back into the wall.