Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Plumbing Question

"thebigguy" wrote in message
On Jan 2, 9:39 am, Red Green wrote:

OK here is the pic
http://tinypic.com/r/2roql1g/6

Looks to me like American Standard.

I believe the escutions do unscrew, thin wire or dental floss might be best
to cut the caulk. Heat from a heat gun might also help. On some of these
the H & C buttons actually are threaded in, the threaded buttons usually
have a knurl. Hard to see in your photo.

Some of these have fixed seats rather than replaceable ones and if the seat
is bad you need to resurface the seat with a little cutter. Once you have
the stem out look in the hole. Removable seats will have a square or hex
hole for the seat wrench.

Good luck.

--

Roger Shoaf