Default Window Glazing

snip thread about using glazing compound to set glass...

I guess a lot of folks use mineral spirits. I've never heard of that
before! To me, it doesn't make sense. Minerals spirits, among other
things, is a cleaner...used to REMOVE oil. Why would someone want to
put any of that on glazing compound that CONTAINS oil?

Wishing you and yours a happy holiday season...

Trent

mineral spirits works fine. it works as a cleaner to keep the putty
knife clean, and the slick surface it leaves on the putty is easy to
get a nice finish with. really, not much thinner gets on the putty...