Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Plumbing Question

On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 17:30:49 -0800 (PST), thebigguy
wrote:

I need to replace the washers in my shower handle and am wondering how
to get to the washer. There doesnt seem to be a small screw holing
the scution cap on, just caulk. There is a cap that is on the very
end of the handle that I assume comes off as well. There is seperate
H and C and they leak when on.

Pop the cap off, take out the screw and then cut the caulk around
""scution".... won't matter the order as long as the H or C is done
first with the water off.

IOW, take the cap off the handle, remove it and go from there.

Report back here with difficulties.