Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default Machine Builders in Monteal / French Speaking?

"Robert Swinney" wrote in message
What Bruce said . . . .

Don't patronize the French speakers or any others in the transaction of
international business.
Clarity of thought and technical description is pivotal in business
language. That is why English
is the world's official business language. But, OTOH, as Bruce suggested,
German can be used to a
limited extent. German words are pictographic expressions constructed
from English; such as
brassiere translates to "holdsemfromfloppin" and etc.

Bob Swinney

these attitudes are EXACTLY why we are losing market share world wide -
customer service means exactly that - if the customer wants to speak French,
so be it - or Thai, or urdu, or tamil, or whatever it is - the provider's
job includes making the customer relationship special as well as offering
the product or service desired.

and I assure you French is perfectly fine for business and technical work -
did you ever hear of Lavoisier?