Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default 45 ACP ammo

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 22:15:22 -0500, Wes wrote:

Hawke wrote:

If you have a .380 why would you want to use lead bullets? Guns that
shoot .380 ammo are not good for anything but short range self defensive
purposes. They are not guns that people shoot very much.

Actually my Bersa 95. normally using some reloads built around a 102g Lee RN is one of my
favorite guns. Cheap to shoot, actually has a bit of recoil and easy to conceal and
carry. Fixed barrel blow back, pretty accurate. Knocks over the plates on the plate rack
reliably.

Ed likes a .32 Mag iirc, so don't diss minor calibers.

Btw, the only major caliber I can find ammo for is the .40 S&W. Too bad I don't have one
(Yet).

Wes

I would suggest that you try before you buy. The recoil of the .40
S&W is kinda unique, and acceptance of recoil varies a lot among
shooters. I know a petite woman that shoots a .40 very well indeed,
and I know guys that shoot .45ACP, .357 Mag and .45 Colt very
accurately that can't hit crap with a .40. I shoot a .40 XD well
enough for SD and HD, but my shot placement is definitely better with
both 9mmp and .45ACP. YMMV.