Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default 45 ACP ammo

"Wes" wrote in message
Hawke wrote:

If you have a .380 why would you want to use lead bullets? Guns that
shoot .380 ammo are not good for anything but short range self defensive
purposes. They are not guns that people shoot very much.

Actually my Bersa 95. normally using some reloads built around a 102g Lee
RN is one of my
favorite guns. Cheap to shoot, actually has a bit of recoil and easy to
conceal and
carry. Fixed barrel blow back, pretty accurate. Knocks over the plates
on the plate rack
reliably.

Ed likes a .32 Mag iirc, so don't diss minor calibers.

One of the flatter-shooting, and, in the right gun, more accurate handgun
cartridges available, until the last few years. Shooting factory ammo will
break the bank; you have to handload it if you're going to shoot targets on
a regular basis.

In terms of energy, the factory round is roughly the same as a .38 Spl., but
you can handload it to considerably higher velocities. I think the factory
loads have to deal with some little cockeyed derringer made for the round.
The Ruger SSM will tolerate some souping-up.

Btw, the only major caliber I can find ammo for is the .40 S&W. Too bad I
don't have one
(Yet).

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller