Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default IR remote

On Dec 31, 10:11*am, wrote:
e for some extended period.

After re-initializing the DVD player and removing both the remote and
the DVD players battery the problem still exists.

Some time later I took the remote battery (2025) out once again.
By accident I put it back in backwards, for just an instant. Upon
re-installing it correctly the remote now operates the DVD player.

Any explanation to explain the above?

Follow up:

This morning I tried the remote again. It didn't work. I removed
the battery. I replaced it after a while. It still didn't work. I put
the battery in backwards. This time on purpose. Then I installed it
correctly. It works!

SO.....I just ordered a new remote. At least I now know that the
DVD player is fine and the remote is the problem. Thanks for all the

Thanx for the follow-up.