Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default IR remote

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 23:41:49 -0500, wrote:

After re-initializing the DVD player and removing both the remote and
the DVD players battery the problem still exists.

Oh well.

Some time later I took the remote battery (2025) out once again.
By accident I put it back in backwards, for just an instant. Upon
re-installing it correctly the remote now operates the DVD player.

Any explanation to explain the above?

The remote has a big capacitor across the battery so that when you
swap batteries, you don't loose your settings. When you reversed the
battery, you effectively discharged the battery thus clearing all the
settings. My guess(tm) is that the remote really does have a way to
switch between two DVD players, and you accidentally hit the magic
combination. You probably could have achieved the same results by
simply leaving the battery out for somewhat longer (i.e. overnight) to
be sure it's discharged.

# 831-336-2558
#
http://802.11junk.com