Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default IR remote

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 16:08:07 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 18:22:19 -0500, wrote:

I just tried this. The remote is emitting. It is the DVD specific
remote control. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the chances are
that the receiver is the problem.

With DVD players, the remote and the player sometimes have a feature
where one remote can control two different identical players. The
setup on the player should says something like "remote 1" and "remote
2".

If you suspect the remote control:
1. Try using a digital camera to see if it's emitting. you've
already done that.
2. Find an identical remote control and try it. Good luck finding
one.
3. Find a computer, iPod, or PDA program that claims to emulate an IR
remote control.
4. Reset everything and start over. Reset the DVD player (somehow)
and remove the battery from the remote for some extended period.

After re-initializing the DVD player and removing both the remote and
the DVD players battery the problem still exists.

Some time later I took the remote battery (2025) out once again.
By accident I put it back in backwards, for just an instant. Upon
re-installing it correctly the remote now operates the DVD player.

Any explanation to explain the above?