Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Andrews Peter Andrews is offline

Default Simple electric question

"NB" wrote in message
o.uk...
I have a slimline strip light. It stopped working recently.
Simple, I thought, I'll get another tube for it (and a spare).
However, they didn't work. So I checked whether power was
getting to it. It is and I've checked it's getting to both end
contacts.
This might sound simple but I don't understand. If both end
contacts are live, surely the tubes should work or are the new ones both
dud (highly unlikely). Any ideas please.
Nick

Are you talking about a fluorescent tube or tungsten strip light (e.g.
shaving light).

If the former have you tried changing the starter?

Peter