Posted to alt.home.repair
Sam Takoy Sam Takoy is offline

Default Sound insulation with soft strips?

benick wrote:

"Sam Takoy" wrote in message
Hi,

I have posted a sound insulation question before a received a lot of
useful information.

I would like to revisit it one more time. I'm trying to sound insulate
a second floor bedroom from the kitchen directly below it. The bedroom
has 3/4 pine nailed directly to the joists.

So I'd like to ask a very specific question. Is there some kind of
soft material that I can add to the kitchen ceiling joists as strips
that will absorb acoustic energy and therefore act as sound insulation
(at the same time not affect the structural integrity of the ceiling
drywall.

Many thanks in advance,

Sam

As you was told the last time you asked there are no magic simple
answers...Adding soft strips of cloth or caulking will do nothing....I'm
sure others will re-post the same answers as before and they were good
ones but I'm not gonna bother...You already know the answers....You just
don't want to do the work....HTH...

it doesn't