Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Wixon William Wixon is offline

Default OK, Where did I Put It?

"Flash" wrote in message

"wagewhore" wrote in message
On Dec 29, 5:35 pm, Wes wrote:

I was about to turn a new stud to hold my AXA tool post. I grabbed my
Mitutoyo digital
mic's. Dead batteries. Grabbed the 1-2" one that I bought later, dead
too.

What sucks is I bought a cased set of Starrett non digital mic's at a
company auction that
were in calibration. All the time I was drywalling and finishing the shop
they set on the
right side of the vise on my Bridgeport. Today, when I actually needed
the 0-1", I
couldn't find the case.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

According to Murphy's Law your set of Starret Mics will miraculously
appear about 3 minutes after you have bought replacements..

Now here is the way it goes at Flash's Factory of the Forlorn:

1. Need tool
2. Spend thirty minutes searching for tool.
3. Give up search.
4. Go to Harbor Freight or to the Borg or to Harvey's Handy Hardware and
buy another
5. Use Brand new replacement tool
6. Put it somewhere where it will be certain that it will not get lost.
7. Discover three other units of the same tool - that were bought because
we cold not find the ones we KNEW we had already - LYING RIGHT THERE
WHERE WE PUT THE NEW ONE.

Some tools are found in my place in quantities of four and five. (If found
at all - someday, I MUST get this place organized)

I've just never misplaced the mini-mill, yet, but wouldn't another one be
cool?

Flash

yeah really, i know, i've been putting off and putting off buying a claw
hammer. i set my *very favorite* and *long* time claw hammer down somewhere
and CAN'T find it. been without a claw hammer for MONTHS because i knew as
soon as i bought a new hammer, i mean, a week after i bought a new hammer,
after the new one all scratched up and can't return it, my very favorite old
claw hammer is going to show up right in front of my face. my old hammer
was a stanley with a fiberglass handle. the handle is pretty bunged up but
i love it. i always envied the estwing hammers, and they no longer make the
old fashioned plain old stanley hammer (now it's all jazzed up, i can't
STAND jazzed up stuff, it's like the industrial designers are designing
stuff for kids, just give me the plain old version) so i got a estwing
hammer. actually i'd prefer the old fashioned stanley with the fiberglass
handle over the estwing, sometimes i pull nails by applying sideways
pressure to the handle and that thin steel web of a handle kinda worries me
for sideways pressure, and the issue of vibration/shock through the steel
handle. i still haven't used it yet though because i was trying to trick
the gods into revealing where i put my old hammer, i was hoping to not get
the estwing all scratched up so i could return it but the gods are onto me.

b.w.