Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Suburbanite shoots two home invasion suspects

pyotr filipivich wrote:
Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Tue, 29 Dec 2009 16:55:32 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Let's say the neighbors hear the commotion and call it in. I
would. I guarantee you that the police will respond code 3 and
force in hand and deal with it as a home invasion until they sort
it out, and then you will be immediately taken to the ground by a
fat cop who will accidentally fall on top of you and handcuff
you, and then either get a really good ass chewing, citing for
trespass, arrest for whatever the officers come up with, thumped
on the head, pepper sprayed, or any or all of the combinations
above. You may spend a few days in jail or the hospital IF the
homeowner doesn't kill you first.

Call the cops, people, even if you don't like them. Funny how
people who don't like cops call them when they need them.

Going on another person's property for any reason is a BAD BAD
idea. People will entice and incite you go do so, staying on
their own property purposely, and once you go in there, they got
you.

Steve

Indeed. Very very well stated.

Call the cops, that's what you pay taxes for. I'm laughing to myself
because of a story I heard, decades ago, in a state far far away.
Seems that there had been a, err, business conflict over marketing
territories in the recreational pharmaceutical distribution industry.
Little Pharma, I guess you could call it these days. Anyway, a
certain Mr X, we shall call him, set fire to his competitor's
domicile. Did commit arson, a misdemeanor. Unfortunately, his
competitor was currently recovering from injuries which required a
full body cast, and was unable to make a timely egress from the
conflagration, transforming it into "Arson, a felony." But, no clues.
My friend, he calls Concerned Citizen line, and, to use the old film
noir cliche "dropped a dime on ol' Mr X." The cops came, busted him,
and sent him away for an extended vacation at a resort so exclusive,
you need a judge's recommendation to stay there. The Grey Bar Hotel,
aka the Federable Pen. When it came out that this is what my friend
had instigated, his response was "We're small businessmen. We pay
taxes. Aren't we entitled to a little of that Policing and Community
Protection they're always talking about? Besides, this way, our
hands are clean."

And so, it is always a good thing to call the cops, and let the
professionals handle things. You can be a good citizen and let them
know what is happening, but they're the ones paid to carry the gun.

And next week boys and girls, we'll explain how the bootleggers and
the church goers have a common cause when it comes to keeping a
community Alcohol Free. - pyotr filipivich We will drink no whiskey
before its nine. It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

With only one minor problem. The Police have been told repeatedly that
they have NO requirements to protect individuals.

Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents
are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police
protection,
to any individual citizen."

DeShaney v. Winnebago County Department of Social Services, 109 S.Ct.
998 (1989)
"care and protection only exist as to certain individuals, such as
incarcerated
prisoners, involuntarily committed mental patients and others restrained
against
their will and therefore unable to protect themselves."

California Government Code, Sections 821, 845, and 846
"Neither a public entity or a public employee [may be sued] for failure
to provide adequate police protection or service, failure to prevent the
commission of crimes and failure to apprehend criminals."

--
Steve W.