Posted to alt.home.repair
RRW RRW is offline

Default Sound insulation with soft strips?

Check the Homasote web page, the solution appears to be layers of
Homasote/resilient channels/drywall on the ceiling.

On Dec 29, 11:15�am, Sam Takoy wrote:
Hi,

I have posted a sound insulation question before a received a lot of
useful information.

I would like to revisit it one more time. I'm trying to sound insulate a
second floor bedroom from the kitchen directly below it. The bedroom has
3/4 pine nailed directly to the joists.

So I'd like to ask a very specific question. Is there some kind of soft
material that I can add to the kitchen ceiling joists as strips that
will absorb acoustic energy and therefore act as sound insulation (at
the same time not affect the structural integrity of the ceiling drywall.

Many thanks in advance,

Sam