Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Suburbanite shoots two home invasion suspects

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 09:08:28 -0800, "Steve B"

m...
On 2009-12-29, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus4115 wrote:

Paul... here's a newer article...

Shooting at Wauconda home linked to mistaken address

Wauconda police said today that a shooting and alleged home invasion
early Saturday night appears to be the result of a mistaken address.

Two Wauconda residents, a 15-year-old boy and a 49-year-old man, were
shot by the owner of a house on the 300 block of Indian Ridge Trail in
the far north suburb just before 6 p.m., police said, after the two
refused to leave the residence.

Wauconda Police Commander John Thibault said the pair believed they
were picking up a family member at the home. When told by the
homeowners that their family member was not present, the suspects did
not believe them, he said.

I had something like that happen once. Guy shows up at my door at night
quite agitated
demanding I send his daughter out. I didn't know who he was nor did I
know his daughter.

He was intent on coming inside, I was intent on not allowing that to
happen since who
knows what is really going on.

He showed good sense and backed down.

I can't remember if I told him to contact the Sheriff or I convinced him
I really didn't
know his girl, maybe it was just my tone of voice and confidence he was
not coming in that
got his attention.

Yes, firearms were involved but he never saw, nor did I mention one.

Scary stuff. And, to add, I sort of understand the other side too. If,
say, my child was missing and I believed him or her to be inside some
house, I would definitely want to at least look, esp. if the person
answering was acting suspiciously for any reason.

I would think that in these instances, it would help to get the police
involved early.

By the way, many experienced serial killers are very good at producing
a convincing act and looking non-threatening.

I have some LEO experience. The ABSOLUTE FIRST THING TO DO is call the
police. Tell them what the situation is, and where you THINK your child is.
Then back off, AND DO WHAT THEY TELL YOU TO DO. They will probably send
officers to the scene, and someone will come and talk to you, and then take
you to the scene.

Once you walk over anyone's property line, you are putting a target on
yourself, and like these other two clucks, you might have had good
intentions, and you just get the wrong house, or it's the right house, but
she's not there, or any other combination of things that put you on someone
else's property at night making loud demands. And at night? WTF were they
thinking?

Let's say the neighbors hear the commotion and call it in. I would. I
guarantee you that the police will respond code 3 and force in hand and deal
with it as a home invasion until they sort it out, and then you will be
immediately taken to the ground by a fat cop who will accidentally fall on
top of you and handcuff you, and then either get a really good ass chewing,
citing for trespass, arrest for whatever the officers come up with, thumped
on the head, pepper sprayed, or any or all of the combinations above. You
may spend a few days in jail or the hospital IF the homeowner doesn't kill
you first.

Call the cops, people, even if you don't like them. Funny how people who
don't like cops call them when they need them.

Going on another person's property for any reason is a BAD BAD idea. People
will entice and incite you go do so, staying on their own property
purposely, and once you go in there, they got you.

Steve

Indeed. Very very well stated.

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766