Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Suburbanite shoots two home invasion suspects

Ignoramus4115 wrote:

Paul... here's a newer article...

Shooting at Wauconda home linked to mistaken address

Wauconda police said today that a shooting and alleged home invasion
early Saturday night appears to be the result of a mistaken address.

Two Wauconda residents, a 15-year-old boy and a 49-year-old man, were
shot by the owner of a house on the 300 block of Indian Ridge Trail in
the far north suburb just before 6 p.m., police said, after the two
refused to leave the residence.

Wauconda Police Commander John Thibault said the pair believed they
were picking up a family member at the home. When told by the
homeowners that their family member was not present, the suspects did
not believe them, he said.

I had something like that happen once. Guy shows up at my door at night quite agitated
demanding I send his daughter out. I didn't know who he was nor did I know his daughter.

He was intent on coming inside, I was intent on not allowing that to happen since who
knows what is really going on.

He showed good sense and backed down.

I can't remember if I told him to contact the Sheriff or I convinced him I really didn't
know his girl, maybe it was just my tone of voice and confidence he was not coming in that
got his attention.

Yes, firearms were involved but he never saw, nor did I mention one.

Wes