Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lib Loo Lib Loo is offline

Default Suburbanite shoots two home invasion suspects

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

If they didn't have masks on, I might think it was a drug deal gone
bad. The masks clinch it for me: they weren't supposed to be there and
got what they deserved. Why he left them alive (to sue him) I'll
never know.

(720 ILCS 5/Art. 7 heading)
ARTICLE 7. JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE; EXONERATION

(720 ILCS 5/7-1) (from Ch. 38, par. 7-1)
Sec. 7-1. Use of force in defense of person.
(a) A person is justified in the use of force against another when and
to the extent that he reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to
defend himself or another against such other's imminent use of unlawful
force. However, he is justified in the use of force which is intended or
likely to cause death or great bodily harm only if he reasonably believes
that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm
to himself or another, or the commission of a forcible felony.
(b) In no case shall any act involving the use of force justified under
this Section give rise to any claim or liability brought by or on behalf of
any person acting within the definition of "aggressor" set forth in Section
7-4 of this Article, or the estate, spouse, or other family member of such a
person, against the person or estate of the person using such justified
force, unless the use of force involves willful or wanton misconduct.
(Source: P.A. 93-832, eff. 7-28-04.)