Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Surreal Borg Experience

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
Snip

When driving home I kept thinking that this could not get more unreal. I
got into the garage and got out the padlock. I tried to open it, no luck.
I tried to cut it open with a utility knife. Not only was I unsuccessful,
but almost cut an artery. Way too dangerous.

I concluded that he only safe tool to use on this hard plastic lock
display was diagonol cutters. It took several cuts and finally a sharp
piece of plastic shot off the cutters and almost hit me in the eye! I
didn't realize that you had to wear safety glasses to break into a padlock
package!

FIY there is a tool designed to open the welded plastic product containers.
The tool typically has orange handles and they are similar to offset tin
snips. I got mine at HD for about $10.