Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodworking gifts received

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 12:42:35 -0800, "DGDevin"
wrote:

"krw" wrote in message
.. .

One of my pet peeves is women who constantly put their men down
because they can't do anything with their hands.......and bitch
everytime the guy even mentions buying a tool.

Mine never bitches about tools and rarely about unfinished projects
(tracking sawdust into the house is another issue). Good thing,
because I would have given her plenty to bitch about. Maybe there's a
reason we've kept them around (38 years, in my case). ;-)

My wife lavishes praise on everything I build whether it deserves it or not.
She also helps without complaint when I need an extra set of hands to
assemble something. And she not only doesn't object when I buy tools (she
knows any big-ticket item I buy has been heavily researched) but sometimes
she suggests getting something I'm just eye-balling. Imagine being married
to someone who wants to know why we're leaving the Grizzly store without
buying something that plugs into the wall? I must have been a really good
person in a previous life to deserve someone like her....

Very nice to have a helper for a few minutes when cutting 4x8 sheets
of ply. I'll take that over any "gift."