Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default On topic, We have rotation!

Wes wrote:
Re-powered the lathe and mill today. Of course both ran backwards

Quickly fixed that.

One irritating thing is that I can power up the 5hp rpc w/o problems but when I fire up
the 3HP Clausing 6903 lathe, my dsl modem in the house reboots. Sorta annoying for the

examine your ground and neutrals.

All that (telecom) equipment is alleged to be isolated, but good luck
finding top qualiy components in a DSL modem.

floating voltage on neutral can really screw with telecom equipment. An
isolation transformer may help if used to run the modem.

seach for power conditioner and powervar or oneac. They're really
expensive new, and really cheap used, especially for small ones like used
to run a cash register.

Throwing bogus chinese UPSes at the problem will cost more.