Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Woodworking gifts received

krw wrote:
On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 17:39:22 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

Sure it does. You still need certain ingredients for a reaction, but
you can get variations by changing the quantities or adding other
indgredients. If you are making bread, you need leavening, but you
can still change other parts of the formula to suit your personal
taste.

Don't expect just any mixture to come out as bread.

I did not say "any mixture", I said you still need certain ingredients to
get the proper chemical reaction. Baking soda, baking powder, yeast, sugar,
salt, buttermilk, shortening, all have a job to do. Keep the proportions in
a reasonable ratio and you can change the other ingredients at will. I've
been changing recipes for decades. You?