Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kronflux[_2_] kronflux[_2_] is offline

Default NEC MultiSync LCD1555V

apparently, having too high or low of resolution or refresh rate, can
cause the problem with the on screen menu repeating "Out Of Range" no
matter what you press. after hooking it up to another computer, with
an older video card, I was able to access the menu flawlessly. thats
why people were talking about resolution. the other problem is the one
I'm more concerned about.
I think it may have to do with the LCD itself being faulty. I don't
think the backlighting is too high or anything. I think what's
happening is that the LCD isn't getting enough contrast to be visible
or something.