Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default On topic, We have rotation!

Wes wrote:

Re-powered the lathe and mill today. Of course both ran backwards

Quickly fixed that.

One irritating thing is that I can power up the 5hp rpc w/o problems but when I fire up
the 3HP Clausing 6903 lathe, my dsl modem in the house reboots. Sorta annoying for the
people using my irc server. Strange thing is my UPS log doesn't show any issues other
than the every night a less than a second power interruption around 2:15 am.

I wonder if that hefty 3ga aluminum wire they run though the woods to my house has
anything to do with it. It has had a few trees dropped on it during storms, might not be
3ga anymore since it does seem to hang low in places.

Anyone have a lead to an inexpensive online ups? The offline one works fine with the rest
of the stuff. It doesn't have to be very big, only need to keep an 18 watt tranformer up.

Wes

Do a DC side UPS for 12V stuff like the modem. Battery charger and
battery really, since all the devices taking 12V have their own
regulators.