Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default NEC MultiSync LCD1555V

kronflux wrote:

hey again, I've got an NEC MultiSync LCD1555V here, which a friend
gave to me, and it's not working right. you turn it on, and the screen
is lit up, but no picture - or so I thought. after disassembling it,
and not finding anything visibly wrong with it, I put it back together
and as I was putting the case back together I figured I'd plug it in
and try it again right quick. I did so, and I was holding it at an
angle. apparently there is picture. it's just so bright that it's not
visible generally. you have to look at it in a way that the light isnt
being shown through it at its maximum effect. when I try any of the
buttons on the front(other than power, which functions properly) it
brings up a dialog on the screen saying at the top "video input" and
then it says "Out of range" as the message. so I can't change
brightness or anything.
any ideas? I can also make out my desktop, so I know it is -working-
just not correctly. and the screen goes into standby if you unplug the
video cable, so power seems to work right.

Try dropping your screen RES down in the computer.