Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default DAP 33 or Acrylic glazing compound?

In article , "Zootal" wrote:
I'm preparing to set some glass pane into wooden frames. The glass panes are
10x12, and the frame is for a fixed basement windows. I have on my shelf a
bucket of DAP '33 Window Glazing Compound, and a tube of Ace Window Glazing
which is some sort of acrylic compound. My question is, which is better, or
does it matter? The only difference I know of is that the DAP takes a few
weeks to dry before you can paint it, where the Ace acrylic stuff can be
painted the next day.

Post over at alt.home.repair, too, for a possibly greater diversity of
opinions. For what it's worth, *my* opinion is that *any* brand of window
glazing compound is better than DAP. The best I've ever used is S&T (carried
only at *some* Tru-Value Hardware stores, AFAIK), but Ace is pretty good too.
Either one is way ahead of DAP.