Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Electric Problem or overloading the circuit

In article , "Twayne" wrote:
In ,
Doug Miller typed:
In article , "Twayne"
wrote:
In
,
typed:
On Dec 23, 11:37 pm, terry wrote:
On Dec 24, 12:56 am, (Doug Miller) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
And the double pole brakers can (and should) be used with split
receptacles, but NEVER with different circuits physically in
different parts of the house.

Piffle. That is *not* a requirement of the U.S. NEC -- it might be
of the CEC,
I don't know, but it's definitely not a requirement here.

You need to re-read his situatioin unless you're trolling, too.

There's nothing wrong with running a 3-wire circuit from the panel
to a point some distance away, then splitting it out into two
individual circuits that go
in opposite directions.

On ganged breakers? I can't cite it, but no, that's not allowed.

Of course you can't cite it -- because (a) you don't know anything about
electricity, (b) you don't know the Code, and (c) it's not a Code
violation.

Then perhaps you can cite something. Show me an Edison ckt in the NEC. Or
even in your local code books; I'm not fussy.

Here you go. The 2008 NEC is online at
http://nfpaweb3.gvpi.net/rrserver/br...NFPASTD/7008SB

Multiwire branch circuits (aka Edison circuits) are described in Article 210.4