Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.repair
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default Cordless Phone batteries are all junk?

"Ignoramus20496" wrote in message
I would like to know if my cell phone battery situation is of general
nature, or perhaps I had very unusual bad luck.

We have a Uniden cordless phone system that works very well, except
that original batteries (BT-0003) have gone bad over the years.

Attempts to replace them with "Non-OEM", "Equivalent" bateries did not
work well, basically those are junk that is falsely advertised. The
sellers simply know that the batteries are uneconomical to return, so
they sell junk that will not hold charge.

snip

On the other hand, I replaced the batteries in 2 Motorola cordless phones
with batteries I bought on Ebay from China for 2/$1.00 + $3 shipping. They
hold a charge noticeably longer than the OEM which worked just fine. I
guess I just got lucky.