Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus9012 Ignoramus9012 is offline

Default Cordless Phone batteries are all junk?

On 2009-12-26, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Don Foreman wrote:
Not meeting your expectations for longevity is not dishonest if they
honor their stated warranty. Lowest price isn't always best value.
You're just not as good at finding bargains in new consumer
electronics as you are with gov't surplus machine tools and such.

He also ignores the fact that the phones may have problems that are
damaging the batteries. K-mart sells replacements for that battery pack
for about $7. the problem is, how long have any of the replacement
packs been sitting on the shelf?

All I want, is a battery pack that would last me 4 years. You have a
good point that perhaps the chargers are damaging batteries. My
understanding of this is that the chargers are programmed to charge
only one type of battery (such as Ni-MH), whereas replacements are of
another type and that ruins them quicker than necessary.