Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electric Problem or overloading the circuit

On Dec 25, 9:59*pm, "Twayne" wrote:
,
Doug Miller typed:

In article , "Twayne"
wrote:
In
,
typed:
On Dec 23, 11:37 pm, terry wrote:
On Dec 24, 12:56 am, (Doug Miller) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
And the double pole brakers can (and should) be used with split
receptacles, but NEVER with different circuits physically in
different parts of the house.

Piffle. That is *not* a requirement of the U.S. NEC -- it might be
of the CEC,
I don't know, but it's definitely not a requirement here.

You need to re-read his situatioin unless you're trolling, too.

There's nothing wrong with running a 3-wire circuit from the panel
to a point some distance away, then splitting it out into two
individual circuits that go
in opposite directions.

On ganged breakers? *I can't cite it, but no, that's not allowed.

Of course you can't cite it -- because (a) you don't know anything
about
electricity, (b) you don't know the Code, and (c) it's not a Code
violation.

Then perhaps you can cite something. Show me an Edison ckt in the NEC. *Or
even in your local code books; I'm not fussy.

--

Stop making a fool of yourself and calling others, who are correct,
trolls. The NEC is not readily available online because they charge

In the last couple years, the code was revised so that the breakers
on the two legs must be tied together, Googling in the newsgroup
will show agreement to the above, including several licensed
electricians. Or you can go google Edison circuit on the web and find
plenty of info that shows it is allowed.