Posted to sci.electronics.repair
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default Cerwin Vega Sub Woofer -- buzzy distortion

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:29:01 +1100, "Phil Allison"
wrote:

"Peter Dope"

I have a Cerwin Vega HT-S12A subwoofer that has begun making an
electronic distortion. The speaker itself seems fine when I do a push
pull and tap --

Wow, that's a really good scientific test...

** It's a valid test procedure and perfectly "scientific".

Like the majority of test procedures, it is not *absolute* - but if the
device fails the test you have your culprit.

However, it passes the test, there are other tests that may need doing.

It is possible to perform a very large number of tests on a loudspeaker,
not one of which conclusively proves it has no faults.

But if the OPs test is failed, then none of them need doing.

..... Phil

Agreed.