Posted to sci.electronics.repair
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default Cerwin Vega Sub Woofer -- buzzy distortion

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 00:02:22 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

"PeterD" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 11:03:24 -0800 (PST), Lovguitar
wrote:

I have a Cerwin Vega HT-S12A subwoofer that has begun making an
electronic distortion. The speaker itself seems fine when I do a push
pull and tap --

Wow, that's a really good scientific test...

Just goes to show what you know about service work then ...

Arfa

Clearly more than some people (I'll exclude you, since you do know
what you are doing.) bottom line is that that test is very limited,
and won't show the problem that he's experiencing which is distortion
at higher volume levels...