Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.repair
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

Default Cordless Phone batteries are all junk?

I would like to know whether there is some "honest" cordless phone
systems that, say, use rechargeable AA batteries or something like
that that has easy, economical replacement, or where good replacement
batteries are available from known honest sellers.

Some of the older Siemens 2.4-gig cordless phones take a pair of
standard AA NiCd or NiMH button-end cells. I don't know if that's
still true of their current models.

You might want to consider sending your existing battery packs to a
reputable battery rebuilder... they can often open the case without
destroying it, and replace the cells inside.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO