Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.repair

Default Cordless Phone batteries are all junk?

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 23:03:56 -0600, Ignoramus20496
wrote:

I would like to know if my cell phone battery situation is of general
nature, or perhaps I had very unusual bad luck.

We have a Uniden cordless phone system that works very well, except
that original batteries (BT-0003) have gone bad over the years.

Attempts to replace them with "Non-OEM", "Equivalent" bateries did not
work well, basically those are junk that is falsely advertised. The
sellers simply know that the batteries are uneconomical to return, so
they sell junk that will not hold charge.

This particular battery BT-0003 seems to be no longer available from
Uniden. When it was available years ago, it cost as must as a new
handset.

That price relationship leads me to believe that cordless phone
manufacturers purposely equip their phones with substandard batteries
or charging circuits, in order to sell more cordless phones.

I would like to know whether there is some "honest" cordless phone
systems that, say, use rechargeable AA batteries or something like
that that has easy, economical replacement, or where good replacement
batteries are available from known honest sellers.

Thanks

Ive had EXCELLENT luck with these people

http://www.batteryspecialties.com/

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766