Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Electric Problem or overloading the circuit

In article , terry wrote:
On Dec 24, 12:56=A0am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , .=

ca wrote:
And the double pole brakers can (and should) be used with split
receptacles, but NEVER with different circuits physically in different
parts of the house.

Piffle. That is *not* a requirement of the U.S. NEC -- it might be of the=

CEC,
I don't know, but it's definitely not a requirement here.

There's nothing wrong with running a 3-wire circuit from the panel to a p=

oint
some distance away, then splitting it out into two individual circuits th=

at go
in opposite directions.

If this is not a troll?
Dangerous situation. And arguing about how to wire three wires at this
long distance not likely to fix.
Switch off and/or run the furnace some other way...................
until electrician arrives.

Which is exactly what I advised the original poster, shortly after he posted
it. While others were dicking around trying to tell him what to look for, this
is what I wrote:

"Call an electrician NOW. This is a very dangerous condition."

*Do* try to keep up, eh?