Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default Dying Detroit - - Ping Gunner

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 20:16:00 -0500, lid
wrote:

Here's a little video on the Detroit situation and it sure isn't
pretty.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=05f_1261404860

Dave

========
There appears to be no reason that Detroit is unique. This
should serve as a "red flag" to the residents of all large urban
areas and their suburbs about can and will happen when the major
employers leave, either through bankruptcy/liquidation or
relocation/outsourcing, possibly resulting from
over-regulation/taxation, or being used as a "bargaining chip"
(and sold out) by our fearless trade negotiators.

I am sure that the neighbors to the 50$ house [before it was
priced at 50$] said something like "Well the car companies may be
closing down, but I don't work for a car company, or a car
company supplier, so I'll be OK."

Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).