Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default Small desk

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Mark & Juanita wrote:
I had a cutout left over from my kitchen project a couple
years ago.
While doing other projects, I was weighing possible uses;
tossing it
offended my sensibilities. The objective was to come up with a
simple
application that did not require inordinate time to complete
but that
would be useful.

More on my website at
http://mklange.cnc.net/SimpleDesk/SimpleDesk.html Main page:
http://mklange.cnc.net

Makes me want to remodel the kitch just so I can get a sink
cutout for a desk or tabloe.

That's a great looking desk, and anyone would be happy to claim
it. Seeing it, I'm like you and I'd love to build one if I had
the tools. Perhaps a variation would be to layer another piece of
plywood beneath the center part, fill it partially with thinset
mortar and place 12" marble, slate or granite tiles in the
opening. For writing, that could present a problem, but for other
uses it'd be fine. You could also visit a granite/marble
fabricator and I bet that they'd give you cutouts or pieces you
could use whole. They'd surely charge you to square the pieces
up, but it'd make a swell looking insert.

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.