Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dying Detroit - - Ping Gunner

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 18:18:35 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Let the Record show that Cydrome Leader on
or about Tue, 22 Dec 2009 20:46:39 +0000 (UTC) did write/type or cause
to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Rick wrote:

wrote in message
Here's a little video on the Detroit situation and it sure isn't
pretty.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=05f_1261404860

Dave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6WKMNmFsxM

I can't imagine why nobody wants to live or stay there.

Start with "It is 'home". They don't have the means to get out of
town, and don't know where _to_ go. Or the means to start over. It is
really easy to say "Why don't they move?" But when your resources
are already stretched thin "'Why shore, I'd move. I'll just call up
UHaul and get a truck - wait, the phones out. Probably just as well,
the credit card is beyond maxed out." Say, how does one apply the
skills learned in the factory into a Web-based business?

It comes down to, they have too many reasons to stay, and too few
to move on.
-

Indeed. Which is why I remain in my little town.

pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.