Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default boiler flue

At my local real ale pub, the landlord has had fitted overhead shelters,
with open sides, so the smokers can have somewhere to go to have a ciggy
and it also allows walkers and dog owners to sit outside with their
drinks. However, he has created a problem for himself. The boiler that
supplies the hot water and CH has its flue under the top of the shelter
and as a consequence, the condensation is hitting the shelter and
dripping down on anyone sat underneath. I think someone else mentioned
that anyone sat there would be in contact with the carbon monoxide that
comes out of the flue.

Can the flue be extended, by a handyman, without running into any problems.

Dave