Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default Use different size wire in electro clutch?

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 04:02:30 +0000, Eeyore
wrote:

John Fields wrote:

Eeyore m wrote:
DaveC wrote:

The coil in an industrial electromagnetic clutch (connecting the flywheel to
the drive mechanism) has gone open-circuit. So it is being rewound by a motor
rewind shop.

I was just informed that the original wire was about 12 ga. (maybe slightly
larger; original was metric) but it was rewound using 10 ga.

Why do Americans persist in using stupid AWG that no-one else in the
world uses except to entertain you ?

---
Because we like to be entertained by watching loons like you go bonkers
when we force you to step outside of your wretched little comfort zones?

I didn't go bonkers at all. I just picked an easy target to stir you up.

---
And why would you want to do that? Just to make trouble, no doubt.

I noticed that while you were gone the atmosphere around here stunk a
lot less like **** than usual.

Now you're back and the place is starting to stink again. Too bad...
---

America: "Hello, Europe, we'd like to buy 50,000 pounds of #10 AWG OFHC
double formvar magnet wire.

Europe: But... but all we have is metric sizes, in kilograms, boo hoo.

We can convert too, you know. Thankfully only an issue for you lot.

---
Are Levi's sold over there with waist sizes in centimeters or do you
have to convert 112 cm to find what you can wear?
---

Have you never heard of mm^2 ?

---
Sure we have.

So what?

Why don't you use it ?

---
Because it doesn't suit us in everyday life?

JF