Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] keithw86@gmail.com is offline

Default Making a router plate to mate Triton router to Wolfcraft Routertable

On Dec 21, 4:14*pm, xparatrooper wrote:
On Dec 21, 7:56*am, "PinInCalgary" wrote:

Anyone have a suggestion on what material to use to make a router plate that
would mate a Triton router to a Wolfrcraft Router table? I don't want to

UHMW plastics are pretty nifty. *You can usually get a kitchen cutting
board made from the stuff. *I have used a couple old cutting boards
for several jigs where low friction is a desired aspect of the
design. *It is usually that white milky looking stuff. *It machines
very well... *you can tap threads in it etc...

As far as a plate... *you may have a challenge finding a cutting board
in a convenient thickness for your need. *Up here in Alaska there are
a couple plastics suppliers that dabble in the UHMW stuff. *There is a
lot of it being sold for sleigh/sled runners for hunters and Iditarod
types. *Check your yellow pages, you may find a good source for off-
cuts.. * not only for your mounting plate needs, but jigs in general.

If you want to pay for it, PeachTree Woodworking Supply sells UHMW
pieces. I bought a zero clearance table saw insert last week. Not
sure I like it though.

http://www.ptreeusa.com/uhmwproducts.htm