Posted to uk.d-i-y
YAPH YAPH is offline

Default Cold weather condensing boiler breakdowns x 2 Frozen condensatepipes

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 11:28:52 +0000, ARWadsworth wrote:

Two others were in airing cupboards. That was a bucket job. The owners
can empty the bucket and reconnect the condensate pipe when it is
warmer. That was a tip I got from a very good heating engineer.

Sounds like a bit of a bodger to me :^)

The final one that I could be bothered to deal with was easy. The boiler was
in the airing cupboard and the owner had turned the fused spur off when
putting the vacuum cleaner in the cupboard. Sorted that one over the phone.

Heh! One of my customers called me up with no heating or hot water (combi)
after Brutish Gas had been and done their annual service. Turned out
they'd left the gas emergency control valve off after doing a tightness
test. Sorted over the phone, though I suppose I should have gone over and
checked the test nipple.

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous