Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W[_2_] Tim W[_2_] is offline

Default Cold weather condensing boiler breakdowns x 2 Frozen condensate pipes

Andrew Gabriel
wibbled on Monday 21 December 2009 10:50

In article o.uk,
"Dave Liquorice" writes:

What a pigging mess. Isn't the solder supposed to be on the inside of
the joints?

I've had that problem with lead free joints. By the time I've heated it
enough to see a visible ring all round, there's usually a blob on the
bottom.

However, it looks neater than that after I've wiped a damp rag over it.

There's probably just as much _inside_ the pipes...

And judging by the amout of green corrsion about he used
an acidic flux and didn't wipe it off afterwards.

It's surprising how much can remain inside. I'm fairly liberal painting heat
activated flux on my water pipes joints (gas is obviously a special case
demanding much more care and much less liberalism!) and it shows on the
first flush out with water.

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...