Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.politics,misc.consumers,soc.rights.human
Bill[_9_] Bill[_9_] is offline

Default Can a landlord invade someone's privacy every single day as long as he provides 24 or 72 hour notices?

"zeez" wrote in message
I was wondering about that. Let's say a land lord wants to spy on
their tenants and make their lives miserable by coming into their home
everyday. Most places require at least a 24 hour notice. Can a
landlord make up bull**** things such as "check the outlet cover for
cracks in the kitchen by the microwave", and just keep making work
orders everyday for stuff like that?

Might read your state's laws on this. Perhaps the law also gives you the
option of rescheduling?

Then have you paid your rent?

Are you doing anything illegal or anything which is bothering the other
tenants?

An apartment building is a business. If you are doing something which is
going to cost them money in repairs, an environmental cleanup, cause the
other "good" tenants to move out, etc. I would imagine they would use every
trick in the book to prevent that from happening and get you to move out.

If you are a good tenant who pays the rent on time and does not give them
any trouble, then I would imagine they would not want to bother you and
would want to keep you as a tenant.