Posted to alt.home.repair
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default OT break in oil for a new car

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 18:34:33 -0500, Metspitzer
wrote:

Do new cars still come with break in oil? Did they ever? I have
always heard that the oil that came with a new car should be changed
sooner.

I just checked the owners manual of a new Honda and found no special
instructions for the first oil change.

You've already answered your own question. Why do you ask a question
to this group when you will probably get half of the respondents with
the wrong answer and the other half may just be guessing?

Not that it makes any difference to your situation but my car, not a
Honda, needed its break-in oil changed at 1200 miles. This was not a
ploy to get more money from the buyer because all maintenance for the
first four years, or 50K miles, was included.

Gordon Shumway

Our Constitution needs to be used less as a shield
for the guilty and more as a sword for the victim.