Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default Cold weather condensing boiler breakdowns x 2 Frozen condensate pipes

cynic wrote:

Ho hum - went shopping this morning and noticed my neighbour had a
plumber/heating installers van outside. When I returned said van had
gone and neighbour looked distinctly cold. On speaking to him it
transpired installer knew nothing about the insides of the boiler
despite having installed and "comissioned" it. Since he could not fix
it he departed.
We had very severe frost last night so I enquired if there was an ice
plug in the condensate outlet. Neighbour got ladder out to look and it
turned out there was. Soon neighbour had kettle out and a warm house
soon after.

Do some pipes constantly 'dribble' out then?
Mine is stored in a small tank in the boiler, then comes out
periodically, maybe once a day.
Alan.