Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default Home Depot 1/4" Lag Screw

The Lowes ones are grade 5, the HD ones are grade 2. After
all this long thread, I know you'll make the right choice.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
news
"basilisk" wrote in message

I have an immediate need for 5 beryllium copper, 1" x 16"
allen head capscrews, 8tpi, with left hand,
double lead buttress threads, polished to a surface finish
of
50nm and having a total indicated runout of .0002" and
some plastic wing nuts for same.

They are 79¢ at Home Depot, but I think the Lowes 35 mile up
the road has
them for only 77¢ so take the trip to find out for sure
before you buy and
waste money.